The NSW Board of Jewish Education will be presenting an excellent professional development day for teachers on Tuesday 20th March 2018 at the Sydney Jewish Museum, 148 Darlinghurst Rd, Darlinghurst from 8.30am to 3.30pm.
Syllabus areas covered include:
* Core Ethical Teachings and Sacred Texts
* Jewish Feminism
* Death and Mourning
* Abraham Heschel
* Round Table Discussions on Lived Jewish Experiences
For more information got tothe BJE website- http://bje.org.au/home/sor_icon/
STUDIES OF RELIGION - IN FOCUS CONFERENCE 2018
RELIGIONS AS INTEGRATED SYSTEMS: FORMATIVE FOR EVERYDAY LIFE
The Studies of Religion in Focus Conference is an interfaith initiative aimed to resource teachers, broaden their understanding and assist in teaching the Preliminary and HSC Studies of Religion syllabus.
This conference day will focus on the following syllabus aspects:
* Contemporary Aboriginal Spiritualities
* Jurisprudence as foundation to an Integrated Belief System
* Religion and Peace: Making Complex Concepts Accessible
* Grappling with H2: The Influence of Religion on Individuals and Society
* Census, Ecumenism and Interfaith Dialogue
Date: Friday 2nd March 2018
Time: 8.30am to 3.30pm
Venue: Karstens, 111 Harrington St Sydney
E-conference is available for isolated schools.
For NESA accreditation information go to ISRA 2018 Conference NESA Accreditation.